Over the past several days I have been troubleshooting the problem and trying to figure out what was causing the WooCommerce plugin to conflict with the Login with Ajax plugin. The problem began when I updated the WooCommerce plugin from the 2.1.3 version to the 2.1.4. Once the 2.1.4 version was implemented the Login with Ajax plugin failed. At that point the only option was to delete or disable the plugin from the server.
Yesterday I spent the day looking for a login plugin that could replace the Login with Ajax plugin. Unfortunately, there were no plugins that lived up to the simplicity and ease of use that the Login with Ajax by Marcus Sykes plugin had to offer. Also, yesterday I discovered that the latest version of WooCommerce was released, version 2.1.5. After toiling all day over a login solution that could be implemented as soon as possible and coming up with squat, the decision was made to update the WooCommerce plugin once again, as well as, re-install the Login with Ajax plugin.
Updating WooCommerce and Re-installing the Login with Ajax Plugin
Updating WooCommerce and re-installing the Login with Ajax plugin did not result in another epic fail. However, it was not a complete success either. The WooCommerce plugin conflict was only partially solved. One of the websites I mange was using the Login with Ajax plugin widget for all of the pages excluding the front page. The site incorporated a short code to allow users to login in on the front page. Fortunately, the site was using both options for implementing the login form because that is what led to the solution for this perplexing problem. The clue to resolving the login dilemma was that depending on whether HTTPS was forced on the WooCommerce checkout pages and whether or not it was also unforced seemed to cause different results between the logging in on the home page vs. logging in from any other page on the site.
Late into the night I tried various solutions to solve the sites login problems. I tried removing the login from the header or removing the login form from the sidebar. The settings for both plugins were changed multiple times but nothing seemed to work. Finally I discovered that forcing HTTPS for WooCommerce pages and then Un-force HTTPS when the user is not on a woocommerce page was the problem. Thankfully, deselecting Un-force HTTPS worked for both sites. It was a nice way to end an extremely frustrating week. The WooCommerce plugin conflict with the Login with Ajax plugin was finally resolved.
Solution for WooCommerce/Login with Ajax Plugin Conflict
WooCommerce and Login with Ajax plugin users experiencing the same problem should go to the WooCommerce Setting Panel Checkout tab and deselect the Un-force HTTPS check box. Once the Un-force HTTPS check box has been deselected, save the changes.